Latest On Twitter
- Our new fringe mini skirts are versatile enough to fit in at every holiday party. #CelebrateYou #Party http://t.co/P2U3Cfeoq4 about 15 hours ago from Sprinklr
- Don't miss out! Last day to get $10 off $30; $30 off $75; $60 off $150 w/ code 1646. http://t.co/nrQhLphAqT http://t.co/xh4XsyV9J1 about 22 hours ago from Sprinklr
- And the ultimate versatile layer award goes to… the Merino wool sweater. #sweaterweather #BeBoldBeDashing http://t.co/IN5XecYnVq 12:54:00 AM November 21, 2014 from Sprinklr
sign up for e-mail
- 30 Hot Holiday Moments (30)
- As Seen On (13)
- Back 2 Business (8)
- Beauty Tips (2)
- City Guides (3)
- Dress to Impress (3)
- Express Events (43)
- Express Fashion Shoots (26)
- Express Fashion Shows (7)
- Express Jeans (9)
- Express Rocks (139)
- Express Stylist Q&A (2)
- Fashion Star (7)
- Friends in Fashion (18)
- Get the Look (20)
- Gift Guides (2)
- Inspiration (4)
- Miss America (21)
- New Arrivals (16)
- One Hot Date (7)
- Own the Moment (4)
- Party Time (2)
- Photos (95)
- Street to Styled (9)
- Style (209)
- Style Spotlight (4)
- The Hot List (8)
- The Monthly Pick (2)
- The Weekend Fix (80)
- Videos (183)
- Vogue Scenemakers (2)
- Wine Awesomeness (3)
- Work It (3)
WARMING UP TO FALL COATS
The cold doesn’t seem so bad when there’s a hot new coat on your back, and this season there are lots to choose from. A handful of our favorite style bloggers have built some trend-savvy looks around our latest outerwear pieces. Check them out for inspiration, then show us how you wear your faves – just follow us on Instagram @ExpressRunway and throw us a tag when you upload a selfie.
THE TREND: Color Blocking
WEARING: Express Color Block Moto Jacket, High Waisted Black Jean Legging With Custom Distressing
Blogger Annabelle Fleur is seriously into moto jackets, and she’s also got a weakness for wearing lots of black. This moto style lets her fulfill her coat crush and show how a color burst can elevate all black from hipster uniform to wholly chic. Destroyed denim and luxe accessories heighten the don’t-mess-with-me cool in this combination.
ONE DAPPER STREET
From Harris to houndstooth, tweed in all forms is big this season. Blogger Marcel Floruss takes on the trend with our herringbone topcoat and sets a strong example for how to make the suiting fabric feel current. A slim-tailored button-up in a fine contrasting pattern, plus cuffed jeans and rugged boots, make its traditional refinement more accessible.
LIVING IN COLOR PRINT
Soft colors are so fresh this fall, as blogger Kristin Clark proves. The pairing of one of our pastel cocoon coats with a sleek, pre-winter white ensemble gives its ballet pink all the pop of a jewel tone. Some warm gold tone shimmer, a little sheerness on top and an animal print pump make it a can’t-miss look.
When there’s nasty weather ahead, dressing has to be about more than looking good. Scout Sixteen’s Justin Livingston not only nails the challenge of transitional dressing with his simple yet stylish get-up of a pullover, twill joggers and sneakers, he’s also set to weather a storm with the warmth and water-resistance of our Express Tech wool-blend commuter coat.
For the hottest way to rock a moto right now, look no further than blogger Ria Michelle’s sizzling combination of our classic biker jacket with a solid mini sheath dress and chunky biker boots. The contrast of menswear inspiration and feminine curves is a surefire win, especially when it’s punctuated with celeb-sized shades, red lips and wild tresses.
STARTING FORWARD FOR THE DALLAS MAVERICKS
New Dallas Maverick Chandler Parsons is a record-breaker on the court with a burgeoning modeling career on the side, plus a 300-pair sock collection and a presence at New York Fashion Week. In other words, this is our kind of guy. And since his season schedule includes dozens of away games, we tapped the rising NBA star for some expert advice on packing smart for a road trip.
- TRAVELER COLLECTION WRINKLE RESISTANT SUIT: Having a job where I travel sometimes three, four times a week, it helps to not have to worry about small maintenance on clothes. This suit always looks fresh.
- 2-IN-1 REVERSIBLE BELT: I’m 6’10” – I need as much space as possible. The reversible belt helps out when packing and looks good no matter which color I choose.
- DIAMOND PATTERN DRESS SOCKS: It’s well known that I’m a sock aficionado – I’m one of the only players in the league with my own signature line. The right sock helps tie together the outfit.
- HEADPHONES: I need headphones 24-7. Whether I’m getting in the zone pre-game or just trying to relax, I have them with me everywhere.
WIDE RECEIVER FOR THE DENVER BRONCOS
Like any true professional, Denver Broncos player Demaryius Thomas is into looking good when he represents his team on the road, so we asked the wide receiver to share his go-tos for keeping it stylish when living out of a suitcase.
- TRAVELER COLLECTION WRINKLE RESISTANT SUIT: When traveling from city to city, I like a nice tailored suit. From getting off that plane to walking into the locker room on game day, I want to look sharp every step of the way. Like most guys, I hate ironing, especially when I’m traveling. A wrinkle resistant suit eliminates the hassle and keeps me looking fresh.
- 2-IN-1 REVERSIBLE BELT: I’m all about keeping it simple and packing only the necessities. Why pack two belts when you can pack one? A reversible belt goes with anything I wear.
- STAINLESS STEEL WATCH: I’m not gonna lie: Watches are my guilty pleasure. What I like about this watch is that it’s sleek, yet sporty. I can pair it with a suit or jeans, which makes it perfect for traveling.
- HEADPHONES: Listening to music is a must when I’m traveling, so I take headphones everywhere I go. Whether it’s on the plane, the team bus to the stadium or in the locker room right before kickoff, putting my headphones on means, “Don’t talk to me – unless it’s really important – because I’m getting in the zone!”
Our designers created EXP Core Performance to satisfy all your wants for workout gear, and recently, the collection was put to the test by a couple of our go-to style bloggers. Check out these moves.
Wearing: EXP Core Strappy Sports Bra, Compression Crop Legging & Shiny Hooded Jacket
If you’re going to pull off something like Saucy Glossie blogger Lindsey Calla’s inversion series, you and your outfit need a comfortably wide range of motion. Whether you’re a yoga lover like her or into a more intense workout, EXP Core’s moisture-wicking four-way stretch fabric and reinforced gusseting let you lift and lunge without pinching, binding or pooling sweat. And our sports bra’s compression fit and molded cups shape you up even during cooldown.
Wearing: EXP Core Funnel Neck Sweatshirt & Compression Crop Legging
Blogger Arielle Nachmani is just as committed to her fitness, and she especially loves workout clothes that are both functional and street-chic. With EXP Core wear, she says, “I was able to find outfits in minutes that looked so cute together, that I could wear after my class to run errands and even get breakfast with a friend.” As she shows here, the look also works for a walk in the park, but it doesn’t hurt to have a companion as cute as her dog Dylan.
In August, Express and GQ introduced four hungry entrepreneurs vying for a grant to grow their start-up ventures and invited you to vote for your favorite. In the process, the guys rocked looks on the cutting edge of professional style. Want to give ‘em a try at your office? Here’s Brett Fahlgren, GQ’s Executive Stylist/Publishing, with the how-to.
Follow @ExpressRunway on Instagram for more ideas on how to dress for success. And if you’ve got a sharp look of your own, don’t be shy about it! Share a selfie with the tag #Back2Business and you could be featured by Express.